NewsMontana News


Woman dies from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Bozeman

Posted at 12:14 PM, Dec 30, 2019
and last updated 2019-12-30 23:07:42-05

BOZEMAN - An elderly woman died in Bozeman Sunday from apparent carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning that also injured a second woman whose status was unknown.

According to a City of Bozeman press release, Bozeman fire and police responded to 11th and West Babcock around 11:15 a.m. Sunday for reports of a strange odor.

When they arrived responders found the two women inside and removed them from the residence. The release said they were likely experiencing CO poisoning from a car left running in an attached garage.

The elderly woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The second woman was transported to Bozeman Deaconess Health.

The release said CO levels were found to be as high as 360 parts per million inside the residence. OSHA and the Centers for Disease Control list 50 parts per million as an elevated or dangerous level of carbon monoxide.

The death is being investigated by the Gallatin County Coroner’s Office.