Great Falls Public Schools released its COVID-19 guidelines for athletic facilities and events on Friday. Under the guidelines, each uniformed Great Falls athlete is allotted three family spectator passes.
Visiting spectators will not be permitted, although GFPS states that policy will be reviewed periodically. Prior to arriving, visiting teams will need to submit a list of all players and personnel that will be attending for contact tracing.
The plan also provides specific details for event workers, locker rooms and individual facilities, like Memorial Stadium and Anaconda Hills golf course. It also states that there will be no need for overnight stays for any teams, nor will there be concessions at GFPS facilities.
Here are some of the highlights of the plan:
- All individuals connected to, or in attendance of, the event agree to submit to a screening process including questions related to their current state of physical health.
- All participants, spectators, and game personnel will wear a mask or face covering during the duration of the contest and maintain appropriate social distancing of 6 feet at all times.
- Family groups are allowed to sit together.
- Players participating in the contest will not be required to mask at times when they are actively involved in competition or immediately recovering.
- The AA conference and Great Falls Public Schools have altered schedules to eliminate the need for overnight stays.
- Each participant in uniform will be issued three passes to be distributed to parents or other family members that can be used to gain admittance to that event.
- Concessions will not be offered at any district facility until further notice.
- Only workers deemed essential for the management of the event/contest will be utilized -- all event workers will be masked at all times.
The district also released specific plans for different facilities, including Memorial Stadium, the CMR Fieldhouse and the Swarthout (GFH) Fieldhouse.
For the full plan, click here.