NewsMontana News

Actions

Fire official says house fire, explosion in Big Sky likely sparked by gas leak

Woman suffered severe burn injuries
bsfire.jpg
Posted at 8:51 AM, Apr 01, 2024
and last updated 2024-04-01 11:04:51-04

BIG SKY — A house fire Friday in Big Sky that left a woman with "severe burn injuries" was likely sparked by a gas leak fire officials say.

Big Sky Deputy Fire Chief Seth Barker said witnesses saw the windows and door at the residence in Big Sky blow out of the back of the house.

The woman was airlifted to a hospital in Idaho Falls. Her condition has not been released.

The fire remains under investigation.

RELATED:

Woman injured in Big Sky house explosion, fire