NewsMontana News

Actions

5 taken to hospital after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at Helena hotel

KTVQ-Default-Image-1280x720.png
Posted at 9:48 PM, Feb 06, 2020
and last updated 2020-02-06 23:48:01-05

The Helena Fire Department says five people were taken to the hospital Thursday night after a suspected carbon monoxide incident at Jorgenson's Inn and Suites in Helena.

Emergency crews were called to the hotel right around 8 p.m.

According to Battalion Chief Neil Koeheler, the CO leak appears to have been in the basement around the pool area. The hotel with four occupied rooms was evacuated to the adjoining restaurant.

Koeheler says there is no immediate word on the condition of those taken to the hospital.

The cause of the CO leak is under investigation. NorthWestern Energy is on scene assisting.

Koehler says they are currently waiting for the CO to clear out.