(UPDATE, 4:17 a.m.)
GREAT FALLS – Unconfirmed reports from a nearby resident said the two occupants of the home managed to escape without serious injuries.
Several people said debris from the explosion fell in nearby fields and property.
People posted on the KRTV Facebook page they heard and felt the explosion across town, even as far away as the Skyline/Riverview area.
- Christine Adamson Sheldon: “we felt it out on upper river road, had to be huge, i live on solid rock and my house moved, woke my kids up”
- Suzette Hackmann Flemming: “We are across the field from it. Huge explosion that shook the house and rattled the windows.”
- Shauna Walton: “I’m on Fox farm road and I felt it….thought it was an earthquake when it jolted me awake”
- Tiffany Stephen Wilson: “I’m near Sunnyside elementary and I felt my house shake and a loud noise.”
- Sarah Jean: “I thought it was an earthquake or someone ran into my house and I’m 2 miles away!”
- Mark-Edward Miner: “I was working in my basement when the entire house shook from it on Ridge View Drive. I booked it outside and the house across the river was already gone. That’s insane.”
Great Falls Fire Rescue and several other agencies responded to the fire.
(1st Report, 2:56 a.m.)
GREAT FALLS – Emergency crews were at the scene of a house fire in Great Falls.
It happened along Willowdale Lane, which is off of 45th Avenue SW along the Missouri River in the Fox Farm neighborhood.
Several people reported hearing and feeling a loud explosion just after 2 a.m.
The sound was heard and felt as far away as the Riverview neighborhood on the north side of town.
There is no word yet on whether anyone has been injured, nor the cause of the fire.