Around 63,500 vehicles travel each day through the intersection of Main Street and Airport Road in the Billings Heights.
The Montana Department of Transportation has plans to improvement the intersection, where traffic is expected to increase over 20 years, that it will show the public on Thursday.
The agency will show the plans and take public comment at an open house at the MetraPark Yellowstone Room at the grandstands from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday.
The designs are scheduled to be complete in 2021 and construction is planned to start in 2024.
The plan would include:
- Three eastbound left turn lanes from Airport Road to turn north onto Main Street
- Two westbound lanes on Airport Road to for MetraPark traffic.
- A right turn lane from southbound Main Street heading west onto Airport Road.
- A left turn lane from southbound Main Street to turn east onto Airport Road.
- Signal lights at the intersection of Main Street and Aronson Road
More information is available on the department's website.