NewsLocal News

Actions

Man taken to hospital after hotel fire in Billings

KTVQ-Default-Image-1280x720.png
Posted at 7:23 PM, Nov 13, 2020
and last updated 2020-11-13 21:47:12-05

One man went to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a basement fire forced guests at a downtown Billings hotel to move to another part of the building.

It happened around 5:45 p.m. Friday at the Lewis & Clark Inn at 1709 First Ave. N.

A clothes dryer in the basement caught on fire, according to Billings Fire Department Battalion Chief Kevin Bentz.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire which was confined to the dryer.

Smoke spread through the hotel and into the attic.

A crew went up on the roof with the ladder truck to check smoke coming out of the dryer vents.

Bentz said there were about 40 people in the hotel and all should be able to get back in the rooms.

AMR transported the man with smoke inhalation to St. Vincent Healthcare.