NewsLocal News

Actions

Chicken coop heater sparks damaging Billings house fire

chickfire.png
Posted at 11:31 AM, Feb 18, 2021
and last updated 2021-02-18 13:31:27-05

BILLINGS - Fire officials said a heater in a shed used to house chickens likely sparked an early morning fire that caused an estimated $400,000 in damages.

The Billings Fire Department said the fire at 300 Wyatt Circle was reported Thursday at about 3:30 a.m.

The fire started in a small shed attached to the back of the house used to house chickens and spread to two other sheds before extending into the home.

Three people inside the home were able to escape without injury.