NewsLocal News

Actions

Billings transients spark fire that severely damaged north side outbuilding Sunday morning

010321 801 N 25TH ST WIDE.jpg
Posted at 2:16 PM, Jan 03, 2021
and last updated 2021-01-03 23:45:52-05

BILLINGS — An outbuilding on the abandoned property at 801 N. 25th St. in Billings was declared a total loss after after a fire sparked by transients got out of control at 5:27 a.m. Sunday, according to a media release from the Billings Fire Department.

The fire caused no injuries, but heavily damaged the interior of the outbuilding. The main house at 801 N. 25th St. sustained minor fire damage to its siding and rooftop. Another structure near the blaze sustained similar damage.

The fire caused damages estimated to be worth $55,000. It's unknown if the structure or its contents were insured, wrote Deputy Fire Marshal Andrew McLain in the release.

010321 DAMAGED SIDING CLOSE.jpg
Fire-damaged siding on the main house at 801 N. 25th St. and the home behind it.