The 2020 Billings Clinic Classic will go on this summer, albeit with distancing measures to ensure the safety of participants.
The classic will be held Saturday, Aug. 29, with tickets going on sale at 8:30 a.m. June 9.
The fundraiser will benefit patient, family and employee assistance funds that provide resources during the COVID-19 pandemic. They include:
- Kelker’s Kids and Piggy Bank – These funds help families of children battling cancer and other serious blood disorders and pediatric patients facing life-altering illness or disease.
- Patient Family Lodging – Many patients at Billings Clinic must travel long distances for care, and some of those patients and their families may need to stay in Billings for an extended time. These funds help those patients and families with the cost of lodging.
- Patient Assistance – This can be used to provide any patient or family with immediate financial assistance on short notice. Patient Assistance funds help to provide essentials such as groceries, gas cards, utility payments or rent assistance.
- Employee Crisis – The Employee Crisis Fund helps Billings Clinic employees during hard times, allowing them to support themselves and their families.
To ensure the event follows public-health guidelines, the Classic will feature numerous smaller spotlight celebrations located throughout the community that allow smaller groups to gather.
Ticket-holders will be notified of their celebration location about two weeks before the Classic.
Billings Clinic Classic party tickets cost $200 each for entry to one spotlight celebration and include hosted hors d’oeuvres, refreshments, and live entertainment. A limited number of tickets will be sold. Sponsorship opportunities are also available.
The Classic will also feature a raffle extravaganza, an online auction and five golf tournaments, capping off with the Spotlight Celebrations. Classic golf tournaments include:
- Riverside Golf Club in Bozeman on Monday, Aug. 17
- Women’s Golf Tournament at the Laurel Golf Club on Friday, Aug. 21
- Hilands Golf Club in Billings on Monday, Aug. 24
- Powder Horn Golf Club in Sheridan, WY, on Thursday, Aug. 27
- Laurel Golf Club on Friday, Aug. 28
Tickets can be purchased by calling (406) 657-4670, visiting www.billingsclinic.com/foundation/classic or by visiting the Billings Clinic Foundation at 2917 10th Ave. N.