BILLINGS- The Yellowstone County Sheriff’s Office has identified the man who died in a house fire in Shepherd on Nov. 5 at 11000 Peaceful Plateau Trail.
According to a press release, the home was a residence belonging to and occupied by 58-year-old Floyd Hynek.
Hynek, who was positively identified via dental records, died in the fire.
The cause of death is carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke and soot inhalation. Two dogs were also lost in the fire.
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined although the investigation is continuing. The residence was a total loss.
Sheriff Mike Linder says there is no evidence of foul play at this time.