BILLINGS — Two people were taken to a local hospital Friday night in an apparent gas line explosion at Billings South Side apartment complex.
Reponders were called to the scene at 9:41 p.m. at the corner of Third Avenue South and South 32nd Street at the Battleship Apartments, said Billings Police Lt. Brian Krivitz.
One man and woman were taken to the hospital with burn injuries. Neighbors said they lived in an apartment together with an apartment with a toddler, who went along with them to the hospital. The toddler did not appear to be injured, according to a neighbor.
All residents of the four-plex were evacuated. The Red Cross has been called to help with displaced residents.
Billings police, firefighters, an AMR ambulance and Montana-Dakota Utilities workers all responded. The power and gas lines were shut off about a half hour after the incident.
A neighbor, Michael Roberson, told Q2 that the explosion happened on a gas stove, although police have not confirmed this.
Reporting by David Jay/ Q2 News