News

Actions

One injured after grease fire ignites in Billings home

Posted at 3:10 PM, Jul 28, 2018
and last updated 2018-07-28 17:10:10-04

BILLINGS – A structure fire was ignited Saturday morning when a pot of hot grease was left unattended on a stovetop burner, according to the Billings Fire Department.

The home’s smoke alarms alerted the occupant but when they attempted to extinguish the fire with water it spread further.

The person suffered minor flash burns to their right arm in the process before exiting the home safely. 

The fire damaged the kitchen, burned up through to the attic and spread smoke throughout the house.