News

Actions

Fire at Lynnrich building in Billings ruled accidental

Posted at 2:23 PM, Jun 22, 2018
and last updated 2018-06-22 16:23:44-04

BILLINGS – A sponge used to stain wood self-ignited and caused a major fire earlier this month at a Billings commercial building, fire investigators ruled Friday.

The fire at Lynnrich Seamless Siding, Windows and Doors at 510 Moore Lane was accidental, Billings Fire Marshal Mike Spini said in a news release.

The wood staining had occurred hours before the fire was called in and ignited nearby combustible material, Spini said.

Firefighters battled the fire for a few hours the evening of June 13. The fire adn smoke caused heat damage to the building’s structural steel and heavily damaged teh officer areas and content inside the warehouse.

Fire inspectors estimated the total damage was $1.2 million. The property and contents were insured.

See also: Billings commercial fire caused $1.2 million in damage