HELENA – The Montana Department of Justice announced Tuesday it’s developed a new website and hotline for survivors of sexual assault.
The site features a video message from Montana Attorney General Tim Fox and is at www.dojmt.gov/SAKI
- Links to survivor resources, including an interactive map to locate nearby services;
- Crisis phone numbers and contact information for local victim advocates;
- Explanations of community-based advocate and system-based advocate roles;
- Confidentiality information;
- Progress updates on the SAKI Task Force/Initiative; and
- Sexual Assault Response Teams locations.
Later plans include a kit-tracking system, which allows survivors to monitor the progress of the sexual-assault kit.
Survivors can also call a new hotline, 1-888-KIT-LINE or email ContactSAKI@mt.gov .