BEEBE, Ark. – A pickup caught on fire Friday afternoon at a local Burger King, and soon after exploded. Zach Walker was able to capture this video of the pickup.
“It was loud. I mean, you felt it,” said Walker. “You know, you could- you saw the flames coming out the back of the truck, and when it quit, it just – it went boom!”
Steven Hall of the Beebe Police Department said: “He came to the drive-through window, and as he was coming to the window – the first window, the lady that was checking him out said, I believe you have a propane tank that has a leak.”
The explosion left behind a big mess.
“They had some damage on the outside, a small amount of damage on the inside,” Hall said.
Police made sure that everyone got out of the building and away from the flames.
“I mean I’m thankful nobody did get hurt. I’m glad everyone got out and hopefully the driver is okay,” said Walker.
The driver was taken to the hospital with injuries.