(Editor's Note: Have school closure or delay information to share? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Billings public schools will be closed Thursday. This is the notice sent out by Superintendent Greg Upham:
"Given the current conditions and forecasted increasing frigid temperatures, Billings Public Schools will be closed Thursday, December 22, 2022. Today and tomorrow's scheduled activities, including practices, are cancelled and maybe rescheduled at a later date. Building administration and custodians will report to their respective buildings in the morning to ensure the safety of any student who may arrive and that the buildings are operational.
I will be recommending to the Board of Trustees that December 22 be declared as an 'unforeseen emergency' allowing our district to access the one day permitted, without having to make up the instructional time, per Montana school law."
- Blue Creek school will be closed Thursday and reopen Jan. 3.
- Park City schools will be closed Thursday.
- Elder Grove School will be closed Thursday.
- Schools in Hardin are closed until Jan. 3.
- Big Timber Grade School and Sweet Grass County High School will be closed Thursday.
- Fromberg schools are closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- Broadview schools announced to parents there would be no school on Wednesday.
- Columbus Schools announced there would be no bus service Wednesday "due to the dangerous combination of low temperatures, wind, and snow."
- Elysian schools announced the school will close Thursday.
- Huntley Project schools will be closed Wednesday.
Superintendent Mark Wandle said:
Huntley Project will not be in school today due to the early arrival of snow in connection with the extreme cold temperatures. The safety of our students and staff is of the utmost importance, and since most of our students ride buses or travel, this is the best option. We hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday break, and we will return to school on January 3, 2023.
- Roundup Public Schools have announced classes on Wednesday and Thursday have been canceled due to cold weather.
The district made this announcement on Facebook:
Roundup Families, we have been keeping an eye on the weather forecast since last week. The forecast for this Wednesday and Thursday is extremely frigid. Due to the cold weather, and with an abundance of caution we have decided to cancel school for Wednesday December 21st and Thursday December 22nd, and allow families to begin their Christmas Break earlier. We are currently planning to operate Tuesday as previously scheduled with an early release due to stacked basketball games. We hope this message provides families with plenty of time to adjust to the schedule change, and we hope our Roundup Community enjoys a wonderful Christmas Break!
- The Shepherd School District announced Tuesday afternoon that schools would be closed Wednesday and there would be no activities Wednesday and Thursday.
Due to the predicted weather and for the safety of students and staff, we will be canceling school tomorrow. Temperatures and wind-chill are predicted to be -30 to -45 below zero. There will be no activities on Wednesday and Thursday. Have a safe and happy holiday break.— Shepherd School District (@ShepherdK12) December 20, 2022