NewsMontana News

Actions

Dud fireworks to blame for Miles City garage fire

Posted at 7:40 PM, Jul 05, 2019
and last updated 2019-07-05 21:40:59-04

MILES CITY – Fireworks were to blame for a fire in Miles City late Thursday night.

Fire Chief Brandon Stevens said a bucket of dud fireworks caught on fire in a garage in the 800 block of South Central Avenue.

The garage and a pick-up truck are a total loss. The fire caused an estimated $100 thousand dollars in damages.

No one was hurt.

Firefighters kept the fire from spreading to a nearby garage that was threatened.