NewsMontana News

Actions

72-year-old man who died in Great Falls house fire identified

Posted: 4:11 PM, Mar 04, 2019
Updated: 2019-03-04 18:11:09-05
great-falls-house-fire
MTN News

GREAT FALLS- The 72-year-old man who was found dead after an early morning house fire Saturday has been identified.

The Cascade County Sheriff’s Office reported that Wayne Edward Jensen died in the fire at a home on the 1200 block of Second Avenue South around 2 a.m.

Great Falls Fire Rescue responded and found Jensen in the living room, according to the sheriff’s office.

Deputies reported fire marshals said the fire started in the living room, possibly from a cigarette.

Jensen’s body will be transported to Missoula for an autopsy next week.

Story by Elizabeth Transue, MTN News