NewsMontana News

Actions

Investigation continues into Libby school shooting threat

Posted at 8:01 PM, Oct 16, 2018
and last updated 2018-10-16 23:25:23-04

LIBBY – Libby police said Tuesday they have interviewed several people and identified suspects in a written shooting threat found in a school bathroom earlier this month.

The note was discovered on Oct. 4, and Libby Police Chief Scott Kessel said during a meeting with parents last week that it threatened to “shoot up the school” in the next 10 days, adding “if you don’t want to die don’t come.”

Suspects have been identified as a result of the investigation, and police have requested a handwriting analysis by the FBI.

Criminal charges have not yet been filed.

Police continue to have an extra presence at the school, and school officials say the students involved face up to a year suspension from the school, but they will not be publicly named, as they are all minors.

Story by Don Fisher, MTN News

Related: Police chief: Libby students can safely return to class