NewsLocal News


Metal shed catches fire at residence in Lockwood

Posted at 10:07 PM, Aug 02, 2020
and last updated 2020-08-03 00:47:20-04


One Lockwood homeowner lost a metal shed tonight after solvents used to work on a car outside caught fire and tore through the structure.

The fire spread quickly to the shed, which housed welding materials and car parts.

Soon, 15-foot high flames could be seen from the property on Dickie Road.

Nobody was injured, but officials estimated 100-thousand dollars worth of damage was done.

Lockwood Fire Chief John Staley said Billings, Shepherd, and Worden crews assisted to put out the blaze.