BILLINGS – NorthWestern Energy said Tuesday it owns a wire that was connected to a light pole that shocked a woman in Pioneer Park Sunday.
NorthWestern Energy Community Relations Manager Lisa Perry released the following statement:
“Our investigation continues. We have determined the light in question is ours. We will provide information as it becomes known. Our thoughts are with the family.”
The incident happened in the northeast portion of the park, near Virginia Lane and Avenue F.
Billings firefighters said the woman had grabbed the loose line, although it was unclear why. A man walking by helped pry her loose using a pen and administered first aid.
Related: NorthWestern Energy conducting ‘extensive investigation’ into live wire that shocked woman at Pioneer Park in Billings.