NewsLocal News


Kitchen fire damages Billings home

Posted at 4:27 AM, May 24, 2019
and last updated 2019-07-17 14:49:05-04


BILLINGS – Cooking oil left on a hot stove was to blame for an early Friday morning house fire.

No one was injured in the fire that was reported at 824 24th St. W. about 20 minutes after midnight, according to a Billings Fire Department press release.

The fire caused heavy damage to the kitchen and extended into the attic of the residence, said Deputy Fire Marshal Jaime Fender.

Damages were estimated at $100,000.