NewsLocal News

Actions

Kitchen fire damages Billings house

Posted at 5:28 AM, Mar 11, 2019
and last updated 2019-07-17 14:49:52-04

BILLINGS – A fire Sunday evening at a Billings house caused moderate damage and left one occupant with minor burns.

Deputy Fire Marshal Jaime Fender said the fire at 2204 Canyon Drive was reported at 7:50 p.m. The fire was started by cooking oil left on the stove, he said.

The blaze was contained to the kitchen and caused an estimated $15,000 in damage. A woman received minor burns to her hands and refused medical treatment.