BILLINGS – The Billings Fire Department is observing “Fire Safety and Prevention Week.”
The event is an opportunity to educate the public.
Billings fire stations will be hosting open houses this week and next, where children can meet Sparky the Fire Dog, check out the various fire engines and take a turn handling a fire hose.
This year’s theme: Look, Listen and Learn.
This means to look for areas where fire can start, listen for an alarm, and learn two ways to get out of the house.
“The last thing we want is for a child to be scared of a firefighter so we show them what we look like, without all of our gear on, and then we dress up right in front of them, our masks on, we breathe them on air, it’s just so important to let the child know that we’re here to help, whether we’re the fire department, or law enforcement, or EMS, we’re coming to help,” said Deputy Fire Marshall Tyrone Morgan.
The full schedule of open houses:
Monday, October 1st – STATION 2 – 501 S 28th St
* Tuesday, October 2nd – STATION 4 – 475 6th St W
* Wednesday, October 3rd – STATION 3 – 1928 17th St W
* Thursday, October 4th – STATION 5 – 605 S 24th St W
* Friday, October 5th – STATION 6 – 1601 St Andrews Dr
* Tuesday ,October 9th – STATION 7 – 1501 54th St W
* Wednesday ,October 10th – STATION 1 – 2305 8th Ave N
The event is free to the public, but appointments are requested: 406-657-8423.