BILLINGS – NorthWestern Energy is conducting an “extensive investigation” into how a live wire was left exposed in Pioneer Park over the weekend and injured a woman, a utility spokeswoman said Monday.
The wire has been removed and is no longer hot, said Lisa Perry, community relations manager for NorthWestern Energy,
She added that luckily a man on scene to help the woman knew what to do and used a non-conductive pen to pry the woman’s fingers off the wire.
It is unclear how the wire came loose or how it got to be hanging near the trail that goes along the creek that winds through Pioneer Park.
According to Perry, it’s a reminder to always call when you see a live wire and never touch it.
The woman was taken to the hospital on Saturday afternoon. Her condition is not known. The incident happened around 1:15 p.m. in the northeast portion of the park, near Virginia Lane and Avenue F.