BILLINGS- The best in education received recognition at the 34th annual Educator Appreciation Banquet on Thursday night.
The Billings Education Association, the area’s primary teachers union, gave out several awards at the Billings Hotel & Convention Center.
The banquet also honored School District 2 retiring teachers, which includes many with more than 30 years and one with 40 years.
The winner of the Golden Apple Awards include:
- Mark Kane of McKinley Elementary
- Marie Scharfe at Miles Avenue Elementary
- JoAnn Sustarsic of Beartooth Elementary
- Jenna Allie of Ben Steele Middle School
- Katie Meier of the Career Center
- Lora Pederson of Meadowlark Elementary
The BEA Teacher of the Year was Maureen Klaboe.
Dr. Claire Oakley was the BEA Friend of Education.