LAKEWOOD, CO (KMGH) — Police said Thursday they have cited 12 people, including one juvenile, for the June 15 brawl at a youth baseball game at West Gate Elementary School.
As of Monday, six people had been cited in connection with the brawl. But on Thursday, the department said 11 adults and one 16-year-old juvenile had been cited for disorderly conduct.
Police said a total of 15-20 people were on the field during the fight, which happened after a 13-year-old umpire made a call that upset a coach on one of the teams, police said. Two of the people involved in the fight were Denver Public Works employees. Two teams of 7-year-olds were playing at the time, police said.
The Bear Creek Junior Sports Association said it had canceled the season for the two teams involved. The association said coaches and parents who were involved in the fight would be removed indefinitely.
Police are not identifying the 16-year-old juvenile who was cited. According to police, the adults who received citations are:
· 24-year-old David Anthony Williams of Littleton
· 55-year- old Ernest Gabriel Vigil of Denver
· 47-year-old Manuel Miramon Garduno Sr. of Denver
· 29-year-old Manuel Miramon Garduno Jr. of Denver
· 26-year-old Darren Jearld Garduno of Denver
· 29-year-old Danielle Susan McNellis of Denver
· 29-year-old Ean Jeffrey Vigil of Lakewood
· 27-year-old Martina Marie Garduno of Denver
· 30-year-old Melissa Marie Irizarry of Lakewood
· 29-year-old Maximinio Andrew Marquez of Denver
· 30-year-old Anaise Ann Amaya of Lakewood
Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.