Makoshika State Park, located in the rugged badlands of eastern Montana, is Montana’s largest park at more than 11,000 acres. The park has significant paleontological assets including fossil remains of Tyrannosaurus Rex, Triceratops and more. You’ll find solitude on the miles of hiking trails that wind through the parks badlands formations. Visitor amenities include a visitor’s center, reservable campsites and a disc golf course that rivals any in the state. To top it all off, the park was voted as the #1 Montana tourist attraction by USA Today in 2017. Aside from the park’s accolades, it’s also home to an incredible annual event, Buzzard Day. This daylong event has a robust variety of activities that kids, and adults alike can participate in. Here’s our top 11 reasons to attend in 2019:
- Montana’s toughest 5K and 10K race Are complemented by a Kids Fun Run.
- Disc Golf Tournament on Montana’s most unique disc golf course.
- Meet Lurch the Buzzard from Zoo Montana.
- Take a Paleontology hike in the Badlands with Dr. Scannell of the Museum of the Rockies.
- Take a trail ride on a real BNSF train.
- Play in the Corn Hole Tournament and sample a beverage from Cross Country Brewing.
- Kids will love the Bouncy House Obstacle Course.
- Enjoy a free BBQ dinner.
- Watch the Lakota Women Warriors Grand Entry of Flags and Sioux Bad Bear Drummer and Dancers.
- Watch Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018) under the stars at the Hiatt Amphitheater.
- BUZZARD DAYS IS A FREE, FAMILY-FRIENDLY, EVENT
See you at Makoshika State Park on June 8th!
Click here for the Official Buzzard Day Facebook Page
Want to see more of Makoshika State Park? Check out these incredible videos that show what this world-class park has to offer:
*About Sponsored Content
KTVQ offers useful, valuable information from select sponsors on these pages. This content is not produced or endorsed by Q2 News. To learn more about being a Sponsored Content provider on this site, contact our digital sales specialists.