Quantcast

Fire rips through Billings house garage - KTVQ.com | Q2 | Continuous News Coverage | Billings, MT

Fire rips through Billings house garage

Posted: Updated:
(MTN News Photo) (MTN News Photo)
(MTN News Photo) (MTN News Photo)
BILLINGS -

A fire destroyed an unattached garage at a downtown Billings home on Saturday.

Billings Fire Department responded to 16 Alderson Ave. where a garage was fully engulfed in flames.

The fire burned through an overhead power line which started the grass on fire in the alley behind the garage, fire officials stated in a press release.

The fire also blistered pane on the back of the residential units, cracked a window and melted the plastic indicating device cover on the natural gas meters.

Crews were able to extinguish the blaze in a few minutes before it spread. 

It did not appear anything was inside the garage, but the damage totaled $45,000.

Top Trending Videos

WEATHER
Powered by Frankly

© KTVQ.com 2017, KTVQ.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?