Q2 Morning Email Newsletter

Feb 23, 2013 5:19 PM by Q2 News

UPDATE: suspect named in high speed pursuit

UPDATE- The name of the man arrested in Friday night's late night pursuit which led law enforcement from Laurel to Billings has been released.

31-year-old James Wiles of Billings is being held at the Yellowstone County Detention Center on a charge of criminal endangerment.

The Laurel Police Department says it also has filed charges against Wiles which include two additional counts of criminal endangerment, driving with a suspended driver's license and reckless eluding.

The Laurel Police Department says the chase began when a Laurel police officer attempted to stop Wiles while the suspect was driving a stolen vehicle.

UPDATE: BILLINGS - A high-speed pursuit of a stolen vehicle Friday evening ended in an arrest and no injuries.

A male suspect is in custody after leading Laurel Police on a chase that covered the back roads of western Yellowstone County and ended in a west Billings subdivision.

The pursuit started in Laurel and reached speeds of up to 80 miles per hour before ending at 689 Feather Place in Billings.

Montana Highway Patrol and Yellowstone County Sheriff's assisted the Laurel Police Department's pursuit of a stolen Subaru.

The chase entered Billings eastbound on Central after traveling the back roads from Laurel to Billings.

Yellowstone County deputies used spike strips in an attempt to disable the vehicle before it entered the Billings city limits. The spikes did puncture the right front tire but the driver was able to continue to evade officers.

The pursuit continued into Billings where BPD officers deployed another spike strip.

The chase ended when the suspect turned on to Feather Place which dead ends on a col de sac.

The Laurel Police Department is in charge of the investigation.


ORIGINAL POST: BILLINGS - A Laurel Police pursuit ended in west Billings neighborhood.

The pursuit started in Laurel, ended at 689 Feather Place in Billings.

A male suspect in custody.

County Deputies chased the the stolen Subaru vehicle back into Billings where they placed a spiked strip.

During the chase, the Subaru struck a parked car on West Granger Avenue.

No one was injured.

We'll provide more updates as they become available.

  • Story Photo
  • Story Photo
  • Story Thumbnail
  • Story Thumbnail


Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular