Posted: Aug 8, 2012 2:18 PM by Angela Douglas - Q2 News
Updated: Aug 8, 2012 4:16 PM
BILLINGS - A toddler was flown to the Salt Lake City Burn Unit after a Wednesday morning apartment fire in the Billings Heights.
According to Billings Fire Marshal Mike Spini, the 18-month-old girl sustained severe burns over a large portion of her body.
Three other boys, between the ages of two and nine, were also transported to St. Vincent Healthcare with minor burns.
Assistant Fire Marshal Bill Tatum said contents inside the closet caught fire, melted and fell on the children.
Fire Marshal Spini said a total of five children, four boys and one girl, were playing with a lighter in a bedroom closet when the fire broke out at 1381 Easy Street at about 8:40 a.m. Their mother was in another room at the time of the incident.
The fire was contained to the bedroom closet, with minimal damage caused.
The condition of the youngest victim is unknown.