Posted: Oct 17, 2012 7:26 AM by Q2 News
Updated: Oct 17, 2012 7:26 AM
A new Rasmussen poll just released today shows the Montana U.S. Senate race is a dead heat. The poll shows Senator Jon Tester favored by 48% and Congressman Dennis Rehberg with 48%. Rasmussen surveyed 500 likely voters in Montana and found...
• In Montana, Democratic incumbent Jon Tester and his Republican challenger, Congressman Denny Rehberg each earn 48% support, while 3% like another candidate in the race, and 2% are undecided.
• The race remains a Toss-Up in the Rasmussen Reports Senate Balance of Power rankings.
• Rehberg led by four in mid-August - 47% to 43% - and posed a two-point lead in June.
• In four out of five surveys conducted this year, Rehberg's support has held steady at 47% to 49%.
• Tester has polled at 43% or 44% four times since February.
• 93% voters say they are certain to vote in the election - among them, Tester leads 49% to 47%.
• Both Senate candidates earn nearly 90% support from voters in their own party.
• Among voters not affiliated with either of those parties, Tester is ahead by 20 points.