Posted: Jul 6, 2012 10:37 AM by Q2 News
Updated: Jul 6, 2012 10:42 AM
A Montana man who was found dead at an oil well in North Dakota was poisoned by petroleum vapors.
The Bismarck Tribune reports that 21-year-old Dustin Bergsing, of Edgar, Montana, died of hydrocarbon poisoning.
Dustin Bergsing died of hydrocarbon poisoning due to inhalation of petroleum vapors, according to the death certificate from the North Dakota state forensic examiner.
Bergsing was found dead by a co-worker shortly after midnight on Jan. 7 at a Marathon Oil well in northwestern Dunn County.
John Hiatt - an investigator with Bremseth Law Firm in Minneapolis, which represents Bergsing's family - said further tests are being conducted by the medical examiner's office. The family will make a decision about how to proceed on Tuesday.
Marathon Oil will be studying the findings of the state forensic examiner.