Jul 5, 2013 2:50 PM by MTN News
Montanans who were customers of Optimum (formerly Bresnan) for cable, Internet, and/or telephone service are now customers of Charter Communications.
Charter acquired Optimum properties in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and Utah on July 1, and no immediate changes to services or prices have been announced.
The acquisition was first announced in February, and was valued at approximately $1.625 billion. There are approximately 660,000 residential customers affected by the deal, according to a press release.
At the time of the acquisition, Charter's CEO Tom Rutledge said, "With this transaction, Charter will acquire some of the fastest growing cable assets in the United States. Over the past two years Cablevision, as Optimum West, has grown video, Internet and telephone customers through the execution of a product and service strategy, which is the same as the one we recently implemented at Charter. Optimum West is an ideal fit for Charter and we anticipate an efficient integration process."
The Optimum.com website now redirects to Charter.com, which provides the following information and has answers to some Frequently Asked Questions:
* At this time, there will be no changes to the following:
- Your Optimum and Bresnan packages
- Your Optimum and Bresnan e-mail addresses
- Your phone numbers
* Where should I send my bill for payment? Are the bill payment locations changing? Please continue to submit your payments as you have done previously. At this time there are no changes to payment locations
* Will my current Optimum email address change to a Charter email address on July 1? No. At this time, you will continue to keep your existing email account.
10 hours ago