Posted: Jul 11, 2012 11:33 AM by Stan Parker - Q2 News
Updated: Jul 11, 2012 12:28 PM
MILES CITY - An accidental fire destroyed three homes in Miles City last night before firefighters could contain the flames.
All of the residents and their pets were able to safely escape from the two buildings - one house and one duplex.
Captain Cameron Duffin of the Miles City Fire Department said the station received the call at 10:21 p.m., and he was able to declare the fire out in just under two hours.
"We believe it was a barbecue on the porch that was too close to the building," Duffin said.
The damage is currently estimated at between $400,000 and $500,000.
Duffin said the American Red Cross has been called upon to help the displaced tenants with their current living arrangements. He reminds people to keep their barbecues a safe distance from their structures.
Miles City Star photo by Steve Allison