Jan 6, 2012 9:39 AM by Mike Rawlins, Katie Stukey- KRTV News
MALTA- Montana's News Station has confirmed Malta Elementary will be closed Friday after a bomb threat was called in.
School officials tell us student safety is the number one priority and the decision was made to cancel classes.
Superintendent Kris Kuehn says he received a call at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday informing him that a threat had been called into the elementary school.
The Phillips County Sheriff's Department is working with school administrators to investigate the threat.
We're told it was a specific threat to the elementary school and that the middle and high schools were not included.
Both Malta Middle School and Malta High School will be open Friday. But, a staff meeting will be held at 8 a.m. Friday with all staff members, K-12, to discuss the situation.
Kuehn says every precaution has been taken at this time and he anticipates that elementary classes will resume on Monday.