Continuous News

Jan 31, 2013 1:54 PM by Q2 News

Billings woman injured in fire due to smoking while using oxygen

BILLINGS- A woman was injured in Billings on Thursday morning when a fire sparked from a combination of cigarette use and medical oxygen.

The Billings Fire Department responded to an apartment at 315 South 29th Street shortly before 9 a.m. on Thursday for reports of a fire.

Fire crews dealt with a minor fire, which caused a woman in the apartment to suffer minor burns to her hands and face along with smoke inhalation.

The woman was transported to the Billings Clinic for treatment.

The Billings Fire Department says the fire began accidentally because the woman was smoking a cigarette while using medical oxygen.

It was unknown if the property damaged was insured, and damages are estimated at $200.

»Comments

More News

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular