Posted: Aug 16, 2012 7:31 AM by Q2 News Staff
Updated: Aug 16, 2012 7:36 AM
BILLINGS - An 18-month-old girl who was critically burned in a Billings house fire last week has passed away. The Salt Lake City burn center confirmed Wednesday night that Jazimine Koch died on Tuesday.
Flames broke out in a bedroom closet on the 1300 block of Easy Street in the Billings Heights last Wednesday and three of Jazimine's brothers, ages 2 to 9, suffered minor burns in the blaze.
Jazimine sustained severe burns over a large portion of her body.
A total of five siblings were playing with a lighter when clothing and plastic caught fire and fell on the them.
A fourth boy escaped unharmed. Their mother was in another room at the time of the incident.
Family members have started a fund and those wishing to help, can send donations to the Jazimine Koch Care Fund at any Western Security Bank.