Q2 Morning Email Newsletter

Jun 19, 2012 11:08 AM by Angela Douglas - Q2 News

Billings home severely damaged in early morning fire

BILLINGS - UPDATE: One person was sent to the hospital Tuesday morning after a house fire on Billings' west end.

The Billings Fire Department responded to the fire at 2244 Dallas Drive shortly before 5 a.m.

Assistant Fire Marshal Bill Tatum said one occupant was transported to a local hospital with smoke inhalation and contusions.

According to Tatum, the fire was caused by an unattended hot stove burner igniting nearby combustibles.

The fire caused significant heat and smoke damage to the main level of the house. The estimated loss in damages is $200,000.


Early Report:

Billings firefighters are battling a house fire on the city's west end this morning.

The call came in just before 4:45 Tuesday morning.

Multiple engines were called to 2244 Dallas Drive.

Initial reports indicate smoke and flames were visible.

A Q2 photographer on scene said the house appeared to have significant damage.

Injuries are unknown. It's also unknown if anyone was inside the house.

Further information is limited at this time, we'll provide updates as they become available.

  • Story Photo
  • Story Thumbnail

»Comments

More News

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular