Posted: Aug 27, 2012 7:20 AM by Q2 News
Updated: Aug 27, 2012 7:20 AM
BILLINGS- The Billings Fire Department says spontaneously combusting paper towels are to blame for a small fire in a Billings business on Sunday evening.
The fire department says they responded to 2625 Overland Avenue at approximately 5:25 p.m. on Sunday, an occupied building where fire caused minor damage to some woodworking materials and an open stairway in a cabinet shop.
The rest of the business also sustained moderate smoke damage.
No one was injured in the fire.
The fire was ruled accidental as the paper towels combusted after they had been used for staining wood and discarded into a plastic garbage can earlier in the afternoon.
The estimated damage to the business is $30,000.
Both the property and materials lost were insured.